Senior High Graduate Recognition Ceremony
Senior high graduates participating in AFHE's 2014 Senior High Graduate Recognition Ceremony are invited to audition to perform a musical selection before or during the ceremony. Please submit this application and a video recording of your presentation to be considered as one of the performers.
The audition selection should be no longer than three minutes in length.
Videotape your audition in good light, facing the camera as much as possible.
Music should be memorized, but feel free to use sheet music if needed for the audition as well as during the ceremony.
Please submit the written text of the lyrics for a vocal performance.
If only performing part of a song, please specify the specific movement or section being performed.
You may submit up to two selections. Please submit a separate application for each selection.
Duets are welcomed provided the graduate is the prominent performer.
Auditions will be chosen based on the following areas:
- Appropriateness of the lyrics (if any) and the selection’s theme or origin
- Performance standard
- Participant’s presentation
- Both application and video recording must be submitted no later than March 1, 2014. (If sending video recording by postal mail, make sure it is postmarked by March 1, 2014.)
- All applicants will be notified of the results no later than March 21, 2014. The decision of the Sr. Grad Music Committee is final. Winners will receive a monetary gift at the ceremony.
- ONLINE AUDTION APPLICATION
Dr. Conniejo Brown
AFHE Sr. Grad Committee - Music Coordinator
9626 W. Camino de Oro
Peoria, AZ 85383
Submit an online application through the link below. For a vocal performance, you may upload the lyrics as part of the application process or email them to Dr. Conniejo Brown.
The video recording can be sent electronically by email to Dr. Brown or via postal mail so that it is postmarked no later than March 1.